Sunday, January 31, 2010

37@sandiegozoo.org

When I was a kid I remember driving places in the family car and always wanting to stop to explore a cave visible from my window or climb a mountain peak. Of course, my requests were met with maybe on the way back. On our way to California to celebrate my birthday weekend my eyes once again met the Zzyzx Exit. I have driven past it a million times and wondered what was there and told myself, "maybe on the way back. " Well I finally got it on the way there. It was beautiful and lightly raining. The road is short and gently winds through Mohave National Preserve. It was a pleasant 30 minute detour.



We spent our first day at Sara's and regrettably didn't take a single picture but Tasha had her camera out to capture the events of the day. I just relaxed. It was nice. We had a little party. We celebrated Chase's 1st and my 37th. It was fun sharing and Chase was a good sport about it.

Sara did an amazing job communicating every little thing that I have mentioned in the last six months that would be nice to have... and I won't even list the gifts because I feel guilty... but a good sort of guilt... but needless to say, everyone went above and beyond.

After the festivities we left for Michelle's Bed & Breakfast.

michelle's new table

birthday breakfast

sara snapped this wonder

the flamingos

the hippo

maggie staring at the sky

the group (maggie loves the baby backpack)

sunlight through the trees

departing picture

5 comments:

  1. Great photos! What a fun trip. I love the San Diego Zoo. It's the best one I've ever been to. Glad you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love babies in hats! and happy birthday stanford...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that you stopped at Zzyzx road. Awesome.

    So many great photos of your fun adventures, too.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! I am glad you had a good trip. I would have totally remembered if you would put your birthday on Facebook. The whole point of being on Facebook is so that people remember your birthday and all post on your wall. That's why I signed up. :)

    ReplyDelete