Sunday, February 7, 2010

Redrocks, Lost Creek

A few weeks ago, the weather was perfect so Maggie and I biked the Redrock loop. I packed everything I could think of, except extra water. Near the top of the first hill I gave Maggie her bottle and decided to bike up to a better resting spot a hundred yards up. By the time I got there Maggie was drench in leaking milk and freezing. The weather was nice but not that nice. I stripped all her clothes off only to discover the extra clothes I thought I packed were missing. So I wrapped her in the only warm thing I had, my hoodie. It was the perfect little blanket and she stayed toasty inside her trailer. I however was freezing and I thought I might die at the twelve mile marker because for some reason I thought the loop was twenty-one miles, fortunately it is only thirteen. I was so so happy to see the exit. No pictures though... I was in survival mode while Maggie dosed into a pleasant sleep.

Last week we returned with my cousin Jenna to go hiking. It was the perfect hike for kids. Two-year-old Cooper ran up the trail without any major problems. Maggie loved climbing around and eating lots of rocks. It was fun to get out the house. Muchas gracias cousin!









3 comments:

  1. Those are some fun pictures! I wish I could have been there. Maggie looks like she was having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!! I love how when you feel like you pack the world with you you still always forget the couple things you really need. Sigh. Sounds like both adventures were super fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I was just thinking today that Raymond and I really (REALLY) need to get out and go for a walk. But when I checked the weather it was 30 degrees and I just didn't think he'd handle much more than going to the mailbox (otherwise he just turns into a gasping red-nosed boy and it breaks my heart!). So fun that you guys got some great adventures :)

    ReplyDelete