Sunday, January 22, 2012

Henry climbed in the toy box

These days we have Henry sleeping in our room.  I hooked up the Ipod to our stereo so we could play white noise at the night.  Henry is such a light sleeper and it helps him sleep longer.

I couldn't wait to go to be early tonight.  I crawled into bed at 11pm and tossed and turned thinking about all the things I need to do.  My favorite soundtrack is a rhythmic sound of waves rolling up onto smooth white Caribbean shore. There is slight pause in the track that occurs every thirty two minutes.  I heard the pause twice before I got out of bed to get a drink of  water and decided to write this post.  By the way this isn't even on my list of this to do.  But I was hoping to distract my mind from all the other noises in there.

Life has been crazy lately.  I have been busy with contract work and Sara now works Tuesdays through Saturdays.  I decided to put the kids in daycare two half days to help me keep up with things... but with everyone sick that didn't really work out this week. 

Maggie has been trying to opening the car door for months but just yesterday she pulled it open as if she had been doing it for years.  We ran out of pull-ups so she has graduated to nickers and made it through her first night without an incident.

Henry who always gets sick the worst has been keeping us up all week.  Today I put him down for a nap in the room.  I heard him stirring after an hour but then he fell silent.  After another forty-five minutes I remember I didn't lay him in his crib. I ran into the room and found him contently thumbing through Sara's collection of "Anne of Green Gables".  Lately, he really enjoy playing by himself.  Sometimes Maggie can get him rolling in laughter by being silly.  Sara can get him to dance by singing to him.  It is very cute.

I am desperately trying to get Maggie to play gentle with Henry.  She really loves Henry but she is likes to roughhouse.  I told her today that we needed to play gentle like a cat and not rough like a dog.  I didn't want her to identify her actions as malicious but just rough.  Although, Michelle told me the metaphor wouldn't work at her house because her cat likes to bite.

Maggie giving Mother Nature a hand

1 comment:

  1. Maggie and Henry are looking so much older. I adore both of those pictures. I am sorry you were having trouble sleeping...but I am glad we got this post. I love hearing these fun little tidbits into your lives. I miss you guys. Only two more weeks and we get to see you. I cannot wait. I am glad you have found a nice place for Maggie and Henry so you can get a some of your work done twice a week. I cannot even imagine trying to do it with my boys home. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete