It started with the water heater. A small drip was puddling in closet outside making its way inside... osmosis . I think Clarke and I spoke more this month than in the entire year of 2010. I called him a dozen times with various questions. I installed an energy efficient water heater from GE. It took a little bit of a day. I ended up taking the door off the closet. It was such a tight fit that I had to kick it through the doorway and then gently maneuver it around the gas outlet that projects ten inches into the closet. It was a tight fit but I was so happy to see it light up without the house exploding.
It was followed by our dishwasher breaking. I pulled it out and tinkered with it for awhile and order a part, which came but didn't fix the problem, which took me back to square one. We have resigned to washing our dishes by hand... quite aweful, I know:)
Then in an effort to get a banana off the counter, Maggie dropped my camera on the floor. The lens hood snapped in half and the fall warped the mounting bracket on the lens ($1,800) and who knows what else. While taken apart the lens a small spring fell out. I picked up all the small screws and spring and put them in bag. Last week the new bracket arrived in the mail and I managed to get it all back together after several attempts. I still will need to send it to a service center to repair the internal seal... which is well beyond my mechanical skills... but at least it works and seems to take pictures without any major distortion.