Thursday, February 28, 2008

Weekend

This past weekend Stanford's sister Tonya and her husband Dale came to spend the weekend with us. They live in Vancouver, WA and this was their first visit to see where we lived. We were so happy to have them spend the weekend with us and we were sad they couldn't stay longer. Next time we hope to have their kids visit too. We just LOVE their family! While they were here we went on the strip, saw KA -Circqu de Solie, ate at a yummy Thai food resturant, and relaxed.

Saturday we went out to Red Rock and hiked up to the top of these boulders and could see all the way out to the strip. It was awesome and quite an accomplishment. Stanford did a great job capturing us during this adventure.











Dale's Birthday was on Sunday and this is me, Tonya and Dale as he's about to blow out his birthday candles. As you can see the cake I made didn't turn out exactly as I had planned. It kept falling apart as the night wore on. But we still love you Dale!

8 comments:

  1. I like the images you posted... especially with the blue background... I don't remember Redrock... being that red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that there is a new post!!!!

    What a fun hike. You guys are the best hikers and I LOVE it! It looked like a very fun filled weekend and now you get to head off to Utah for another one. Lucky guys! Enjoy yourselves. I loved a lot of those pictures bytheway Stanford!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh what a fun visit! The boulders look amazing. It really is a very unique and cool part of the country. We will have to stop in and visit on one of our drives through to CA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are amazing! You forgot to mention that you also had to put up my husband on your couch while I "partied" with the girls. Thanks again! Next time... I will have to join him and you can take us to see those beautiful rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures make me want to go out there sometime! It reminds me a lot of Southern Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures. It is always so fun to stay with you guys :). I am glad you got a get-away this weekend too! I can't wait to see pictures from that trip too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful pics! It's so good to see pics of you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pictures are amazing! How fun. Miss you. =)

    ReplyDelete