Sunday, April 28, 2013

3 days of bliss

Grandma and Grandpa made a special visit out to see us, which had nothing to do with Chad graduating from BYU.  Okay, maybe Chad gave them a little push but really they wanted to spend time with us.  Maggie and Grandma surprised me when they materialized with Sorry from the game closet.  Grandma played a half dozen games with Maggie, even Grandpa played a few.  They weren't push overs either, no victories were given to protect her princess ego and they even made her play by the rules. I was very impressed these interactions.  Somehow Maggie got Grandpa to open up and tell her stories of his childhood.  It was great hear some of his stories.  I now have a great idea for recording his personal history, just get him talking to Maggie.

They stocked us up with ice cream, fruit icicles and a little candy, to my welcomed surprise. We went on a little hike and I think I got my favorite picture of Grandpa on this trip with Maggie.  Henry and Maggie really loved it, the weather was perfect.  It was a great visit.









2 comments:

  1. I loved the visit too. Loved hiking and playing games and swimming and eating .. well, just everything. Thanks for always being great hosts and letting us stay whatever the time span.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love all these pictures. Sounded like a perfect visit. Grandma and Grandpa are so much fun. I think we need to get Grandpa to literally record some of his childhood memories. I love the idea! Then we could type them out. We need to plan a visit out to spend a few days with you guys! Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete