Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Learning time

I try to do learning time with Maggie everyday.  We have been using Starfall lately to help with reading. She can navigate through most of it on her own but tends to gravitate towards the math games and it's questionable just how much she is really learning.  When I have time, I like to review the reading elements with her, she likes to guess by clicking on all the available answers but if we go through it together I can get her to stop and think about the sounds and letters instead of just guessing.  She catches on quickly but she also forgets a lot.  Do you have any suggestions in the learning-to-read department?  Sara, reads to her almost every night.  I spend most of my time helping her recognize letters and their sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment