Friday, May 25, 2012

First baptism

Tanner's baptism was last weekend.  It was a great trip to California.  It is hard to explain the importance of baptism and the feelings that follow.  I remember my baptism very well.  It don't recall all the details but I remember the powerful feelings.  Feelings that have faded over time but have returned with amazing clarity as I have turned my life more and more towards the Lord.  I don't think everyone experiences the same thing but for me it was a feeling of extreme cleanliness and peace. I remember being completely overwhelmed at the time because being only eight it didn't seem like that big of deal until afterwards.  It is something has given me the desire to utilize the fullness of the atonement in my life.  And even though I have felt similar feelings like that since, it has never been with that same force.  Congratulations Tanner, I hope you can always keep the memory alive.

5 comments:

  1. So exciting for Tanner. I agree you don't necessarily fully understand the importance until later, but it still can be a powerful spiritual experience for a child. Sometimes their first one they will really remember. Thanks for sharing and for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Look at all the people there! I didn't realize it was a crowd that big! I was so sad to not be there... but LOVE lookign at the fun pictures :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! And so fun that so many were able to support Tanner and the Donovans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw a post. And a good one!! I love that last picture with Blake..haha

    -p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love LOVE all the pictures!!! Thank you for taking so many good ones!! I love that family picture of us. I might need you to send it to me??? It really was a nice day. Tanner came away feeling so good too. I loved hearing the feelings he had. He was so excited prepping for it and all day he just seemed to be glowing. Thank you for coming and being part of it all. Thank you Sara for playing the piano and Stanford for standing in when he received the Holy Ghost and for taking all the fabulous pictures. We love you guys so much!! Now, we need to come see your new house! (Sorry, it took a few days to comment. We looked at it while we were camping on Paige's phone though!)

    ReplyDelete