Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sick

I am sick with a nasty cold. Being sick is no fun and being pregnant and sick is even worse. I am all about taking medicine and there's really nothing I can take except cough drops and drink herbal tea. Those are at least is soothing on my throat.

When Stanford and I were in CA last weekend we spent a few hours on Sunday at my sisters house before going to see her in the hospital and Brayden (her 2 year old) was sick with a pretty bad cold. I was only around him for a few hours and felt fine the rest of the week until Friday.

My throat starting hurting that day. And I got progressively worse as the weekend went by until I woke up yesterday morning with a full fledged cold....sore throat, running nose, watery eyes, and feeling just plain yucky. I was sick enough to call into work and literally laid on the couch most of the day. And here it is, 2am on Tuesday morning and I can't sleep. My throat is on fire and my nose goes between runny and stuffed up. So annoying! I really can't afford to take more time off work. I need the hours for my maternity leave. Yet I really can't go to work feeling this way. So I'm hoping against all hope that in the next few hours I'll miraculously feel better.

On a pregnancy note: I'm 36 weeks. Less than one month to go. I'll be getting induced on March 3rd - one day before my due date so that my doctor will be able to deliver me. He's out of another hospital and it's quite a commute for him to deliver at UMC where I will have the baby so that's why we're inducing.

It's a pretty surreal experience to think we will have little Maggie join our family in a month. It's overwelming to think about how different things will be. Am I ready to be a mother? I go back and forth between excitement and nervousness. I just pray that when she comes I'll be ready and that the motherly instincts will kick in. I guess we'll just wait and see :).

12 comments:

  1. You will be a great Mother. I am really excited for you guys. I hope you get feeling better. What a buymmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are sick, but oh my goodness you will be a wonderful mother. And yes, motherly instincts are real and they do kick in as soon as you see your little bundle! Don't worry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about the cold. Being sick and pregnant is definitely not fun. I hope you feel better soon! As for being a mom. You are going to be a wonderful mommy. I bet you will be surprised at how naturally it will come. Don't stress. Take care! Can't wait to see little Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that you are sick! It is just the pits when you can't take anything to make you feel better either! Hang in there girl!

    You are going to be a great mom! Your little Maggie is a lucky little girl! Trust me, your instincts will kick right in, and people will give you advice, but always go with YOUR instincts!! I can't wait to meet your little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Without hesitation you are going to be a FANTASTIC mother. Little maggie is one lucky gal:) Feel better and good luck with the delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer you are sick!!! Hope you feel better soon!
    I can't wait to see you when we come to visit. I will have to all you so we can set something up. You are going to be a great mom and little Maggie is one lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH my GOODNESS, you will be the BEST mother. Really. I don't know anyone who has more motherly instincts than you do. I'm just glad when my times comes three months after I'll be able to call you up for advice. 'Cause I'm pretty sure I'll need it and you'll have it.

    I hope you feel better already!

    I can't wait to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're going to be such an amazing Mom. I can't wait to learn from you!! Keep hanging in there with your cold. I am so so SOOO sorry you got this from Brayden. It really is the worst cold I have had in a long long time. (And I have already had a couple colds in the last year.) I love you!! Good luck at work today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry you're sick!!! Let me know if I can do anything for you!

    You're going to do an awesome job being a mom! And you will have tons of help from the fam and from all of us in the ward if you need it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your going to be a FABULOUS mommy and all these little sick spells will prepare you for the sleepless moments and praise the times you will soon again be able to take presscriptive drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so understand the severity of your sickness. I was sick with the same thing and had all the same symptoms and thought I was going to die. It's SO awful and I can only imagine that being 8 months pregnant on top of it just makes it that much worse. I was down for over a week and took several days off work too. It came at the worst possible time. I REALLY feel for you. I hope you knock your cold really soon.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait until you have your baby! You and Stan will be excellent parents!

    ReplyDelete